December 10, 2008

Christmas Lights!

Christmas Display 2008

So this is it!  Our wonderful Christmas display that we worked so hard on.  There was me threatening Jeff's life, Jeff crying like a girl begging to come off the roof because... 'It's too steep, I might fall and die!'  Oh give me a break!  I mean I would totally be up there if it weren't for my fear of heights and my bad knee and ankles.  Plus, I fall easily even when I'm not on an incline up there in the wind and the cold.  I started thinking that he might be right, I mean what if he fell off the roof and at the most might break his leg - that would put him out of work, which means no money, which means no house or car, which means 'Hi Mom, can we stay with you for a few months?!'   So we went and rented an extension ladder from Home Depot.  And he was up and down like a pro on that thing - which I guess is part of what he does for a living.  But he had it done within an hour and a half.  We plugged it all in, ran outside and saw our beautiful house.  I'm so pleased with it and so proud of Jeff for doing everything I asked him to.  I know it was a pain in the ass and he was ready to kill me, but this was important to me this year.  

Unfortunately, someone took it upon themselves to steal our yard card yesterday.  I walked outside and noticed it missing right away.  The only thing I can figure is these junior high kids that walk home by our house everyday.  They're all a bunch of little punks - or dress that way anyhow.  You know what, they act like it too, I've had to chase them out of the neighbor's yard on more than one occasion.  It was there in the morning and at 3 pm, but an hour later it was gone.  Sigh, the youth of today...  So I'm pretty disappointed, Jeff is pissed.  I mean that was the only yard card in our neighborhood, we felt so unique putting it up.  Oh well.  What I would really like to do for next year is get some wooden cut outs of some Charlie Brown characters and the tree.  Wonder how hard it is to do that yourself... 

No comments:

 
Made by Lena