November 2, 2008

For now... it doesn't mix



I had this whole little blog typed out in my head a couple of weeks ago.  It was going to be so cute and cleverly written.  You all were going to think that I must have been in Journalism in high school, or wrote for my college newspaper (ha, ha - I fooled you, I didn't really go to college)... it was going to be that good.  I mean come on, you see my green apple Schmirnoff up there?  Yeah, I had a sentence for that, something like... And because I had a rough day, we're going to have a little fun while we make these delectable empanadas!

I've seen this deal on pioneerwoman.com where she'll take pictures as she goes through cooking a recipe.  And then my friend Jinny over there from realwordgirl.blogspot.com has also done it with success.  I thought to myself, I can do that.  So I break out my camera and my tripod and all the ingredients for these great chicken empanadas that I saw Paula Deen make on her cooking show.  I set them all pretty and everything to take a snapshot and then I started getting it done.


Here's where I set out my cream cheese to soften for a little bit.  (swig from the bottle)


Here's where I put my chicken to cook while I cut up the red bell pepper and got our crusts prepared.  (swig from the bottle)


And here's where it started getting chaotic and the photography aspect started becoming a pain in the ass.  All of my stuff is all over the place and I couldn't get that close with the camera. (two swigs from the bottle)


I laughed so hard when I saw my friend Jinny use her condensed milk can to cut the crusts for her pumpkin empanadas, because I used the biggest cup in my pantry not two weeks before - I just hadn't posted it yet.  Who needs a biscuit cutter?  Psst.... I do, and if you know where I can find one, please let me know.  (swig from the... damn the bottle's empty!)

I left out the part where I mixed everything together, threw in some shredded cheese and then put them in my little crusts.  I used a fork to close them up and make those cute imprints.  Then I beat an egg and used that to glaze over my closed up little pockets of chicken-y goodness so they'd come out a nice golden brown.  It was beatiful!

I think for now though, I'll just stick with doing things one at a time.  Best to keep these things simple.


No comments:

 
Made by Lena