October 1, 2008

And the plot thickens....

A list that my son made one boring summer day


Almost a perfect layout of our house, down to the crosses on the wall.  I just love the route planning here.

Submitted as Evidence 2A.

It started this last summer, when I started finding to-do lists all over the place.  Not my to-do lists, those are all neatly checked off and filed under accomplishments in my organizer.  Turns out my son likes to make to-do lists as well.  His are little bit more, ahem, sinister than mine.  When I found this to-do list this past summer, I promptly ripped it from his notebook and scanned it in so that I can always cherish it.  It's just so honest, so diligent, so repetitive.  After I got done laughing my ass off, I sent the image out to some close friends and family.  It has since stayed in my pictures folder on our computer never to be thought of again.  Until yesterday.

Yesterday, while I was looking through my kids backpacks trying to find what their homework was and what all I should sign... I found these two note cards.  

Now besides the plan here... look at the detail.  You'll notice the layout of his sister's room on the top.  See the dresser on the right hand side?  See how there's four drawers but only three knobs?  That dresser only has three knobs.  See how there's a triangle on the top of the dresser to the left?  That's the horse stable that sits on top of that dresser.  A's TB Bed stands for Ashlyn's TinkerBell Bed, K's LPS Bed stands for Kaitlyn's Littlest Pet Shop Bed.  They have the character comforters and pillowcases.

The bottom card shows where I have crosses on the wall with those words in them.  It shows our pool table and our air hockey table.  And it shows his route planning.  I love this kid!

And then the actual written plan... he writes like he thinks - like I do.  It's just so precious.  When I took them out of his backpack and was looking over them; you could see him out of the corner of my eye looking at me... waiting for me to show signs of being mad.  And when I took them upstairs I could hear him sigh.  Almost like, "Damn, I worked so hard on my plan.  But at least she's not busting my butt."  I scanned them into our computer and handed them back with a twinkle of glee in my eye I whispered for him to follow through.  He smiled at me and ran upstairs.


No comments:

 
Made by Lena